Silent Hill - Shattered Memories (USA) ISO
PSP / PSP ISOsGenre: Adventure
Rating: ESRB: M, PEGI: 16+, OFLC: M
How to Play this Game ?
Game Description & Reviews:
This is a non-canon Silent Hill game made for Wii and ported around, set immediately after the re-imagined events of Silent Hill (1) on PS1. This story is being told to a therapist by Harry Mason. Unlike a traditional Silent Hill game, there are no guns or knives or rusty metal pipes; there's only your own 2 feet. This game is very cinematic, with lots of cutscenes and interactive dialogue (yes/no, interacting with environment, etc.) that effects (minor) parts of gameplay. It plays a bit like an indie horror game, with a lot of point-and-click elements, like "unlock the cabinet latch by 'clicking' and lifting, slide the cabinet open, take the item" which adds to the interactive, casual gameplay style.
- Fresh story, because the game isn't forced to SH "lore"
And Harry wears glasses now.
- Casual gameplay is quite relaxing before bed
- Beautiful graphics, good light-mapping, narrow-but-fun exploration.
- Like most SH games, there are lots of easter eggs. Always fun to find. Stop and call some of the numbers you find in-game.
- Not as scary as you'd want a Silent Hill game to be, which is originally the reason I downloaded this game. Great for gamers who scare easily and, as I said in the "pros," relaxing.
- You have to pull your phone out and navigate to GPS and press X, or press Left then X to pull your map out. You can't run with your phone. You walk when you put it away. This causes you to choose between untimely monster attacks or running in circles then heading back where you came from.
- Pretty pixels come at a cost: Massive framerate drops when opening doors or sprinting long distances. This is on a PSP Go, not emulating. It's not a matter of my PC specs. I cannot say how it runs in PPSSPP, etc.
Overall, as a Silent Hill game, I rate 3/5
In it's own right, considering graphics (pros and cons,) game style, story... 4/5. Would recommend.
Rate this game
Videos and Image Media:
Upload a Screenshot/Add a Video:
Now you can add videos, screenshots, or other images (cover scans, disc scans, etc.) for Silent Hill - Shattered Memories (USA) to Emuparadise. Do it now!
Upload Screenshot or Image Media
Direct Download Links:
To find out more details about this game including language, release info, etc. please refer to the NFO file below.
Game Release Info:
- Clock Tower 3 »
- Resident Evil Zero »
- Fatal Frame »
- Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly »
- Fatal Frame III: The Tormented »
- Haunting Ground »
- Resident Evil »[Saturn] Resident Evil (U)[PSX] Resident Evil [Director's Cut] [Dual Shock] [U][PSX] Resident Evil [Director's Cut] [U][PSX] Resident Evil [U][PSX] Resident Evil (E)[PSX] Resident Evil (F)[PSX] Resident Evil (G)[Saturn] Resident Evil (E)[PSX2PSP] Resident Evil (USA)[PSX2PSP] Resident Evil (USA)[PSX2PSP] Resident Evil (USA)
- Clock Tower »
- Phase Paradox »
Mac OS X
For more emulators, check out our extensive emulators section.